Tomorrow morning we will head to Georgia. We plan to visit some of our old favorite hang outs during the day and then head over to my brother's house in Social Circle for dinner and to spend the night. It's been a year since we've seen him and his family so I'm looking forward to it! Poor Zac doesn't even remember him. I didn't think anyone could forget my brother. LOL! Ethan is excited because my brother's son Greg is one awesome soccer player. Ethan is hoping that Greg will teach him all the secrets of soccer this weekend. :) Alex can't wait to see all the old places we used to go with our old homeschool friends. He can remember them so well....we'll see if they still look the same to him. Three years is a long time!
Monday morning, Mark will be traveling around to a few companies on business and then in the afternoon we're off to Ethan's doctor appointment. We are kind of scared of the possibility of having a biopsy done so please keep Ethan in your thoughts. We're hoping to keep things fun up until that point so he won't have much time to think about it until we're actually there.
Ahh, traffic and road work - what memories. ;)


What a kick!

On a bright note here a some shots from Ethan's first soccer game. He did GREAT! He really loves soccer and seems to be really good at it. I'm so happy for him. He got some great shots, some great blocks and made a few goals as well. The thing that I am most proud of though is that before the game, he saw a kid on the other team that he knew so he went over and told him "Good luck" and after the game he told his coach "thanks for coaching us so well and for being nice and not yelling at us." Then, as we were leaving he saw one of the kids from the other team and said to them "Hey man, you played a good game out there." Ethan's team won, but it is his sweet, caring and compassionate personality that makes me so proud of him. :)


What a kick!








6 comments:
I hope you have a good time on your trip seeing your brother and all!!
My prayers are with Ethan!!!
Cool pics and that is so sweet of Ethan. He sounds like my boys. I hope they always keep that compassion with them. It's such a cool thing to see. I want to be just like them when I grow up :).
Have a great time and a safe trip!! I hope Ethan's dr. appt goes well.
I saw a boy yesterday at Drew's soccer game that looked just like your Alex. It was bizarre. Knowing you were originally from near here, I looked around for you, wondering if I'd see a cute blonde from your pictures!
But I guess you're far away.
I hope all goes well with Ethan... let me know how it all goes!!!! Take Care and hope the trip was a good one!!!
Have a fun safe trip and I hope everything goes well at the doctors. Soccer game looks fun
Guess I hadn't visited frequently enough! Update me on Ethan and let me know what you find out! My family will pray for him and your family.
Dawn
cute pix!
I don't have ANY kids doing soccer... because of baseball and football. Im kinda missing soccer, seeing your boys smiling faces!
Post a Comment