Alex and Ethan tried football last year and although they are glad they did, they have no desire to play it again.
Alex is going to stick with what he is really good at and what he really enjoys which is gymnastics. He is also old enough now to try the homeschool band which he is VERY excited about. He will be starting at the end of August and will be learning how to play the drums. They even have concerts in the winter and spring! :) I am excited for him since I loved band and Alex has always had an ear for music. NOW to figure how to come up with the cash. It is not at all cheap. :( I am searching pawn shops, music stores and the internet for used drum and bell sets....still not cheap. Plus the cost of band itself. I really think it will be good for him though so we shall see what we can do.
Ethan is our swimmer and is of course staying with his swim classes and this year he is going to try his hand (or should I say feet) at soccer. He is really looking forward to it and seems to be the one who is really into sports. His cousin Greg is a REAL soccer player. He just got back from Holland where he went for soccer and now he is on a college experience team that travels around. We are SO excited because one of those games is going to be right here on Lookout Mt. We get to go see him play. Did I mention that Greg is only 16? You would never know it if you met him though. SO tall and mature - one very cool kid.
Zac - now Alex and Ethan were involved in activities when they were Zac's age but being the last in line I'm not sure if we are going to let him "do" anything yet this year. He wants to give gymnastics a try and now he just found out that at 3 he can play soccer this year!! We may give that a try. How cute would a field full of 3 year olds in uniform be!!??
Thursday, July 31, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)








6 comments:
Good for them!Staying busy always keep boys out of trouble!Wish mine were into sports like yours...Oh well,I'll have to wait and see if they come up with something similar!...
xoxoxo
sounds like they have a lot of fun things planned :).
My boys all started soccer at age 3. It's so funny, a little herd of kids chasing the ball around. Sounds like the boys will be busy this year!! I really hope one of mine gets into music. I had always wished I had learned an instrument.
Sounds like it will be fun and busy. I know Britt will do basketball in the Fall not sure what else yet.
lol I bet that would be cute. Keith just got a call last night from his coach so his first soccer practice will be the 19th
enjoyed reading your blog. We have a few things in common...*grin
ahhh... consider yourself lucky they chose something other than football this season.
As much as we enjoy it... 6 days a week is tough.
I'm starting to homeschool one of the boys in a few weeks (my 4th grader... any tips??? I need all the help I can get...
Post a Comment